Towson edges James Madison 58-57
TOWSON, Md. (AP)—Junior Hairston scored 16 points, making two free throws with 46 seconds left, to lift Towson to a 58-57 victory over James Madison on Saturday night.
Rocky Coleman scored 12 points for the Tigers (6-8, 1-1 Colonial Athletic Association). Jarrel Smith and Troy Franklin each scored 10 points.
Juwann James scored a career-high 24 points before fouling out for the Dukes (8-6, 0-2). James’ previous career high was 23 points, which he did twice against Towson.
A pair of free throws by Hairston with 46 seconds remaining gave Towson its first lead since early in the first half.
James Madison was held without a basket in the final 3:18 and Andrey Semonov’s 3-point attempt at the buzzer bounced off the front of the rim.
Devon Moore scored 13 points and had 10 rebounds for the Dukes, whose bench outscored Towson 32-15.
- Towson edges James Madison 58-57
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent