Roberts, Bradley hold off Missouri St. 63-57
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. (AP)—Chris Roberts scored 14 second-half points to help Bradley University survive a Missouri State rally for a 63-57 win Saturday.
Roberts, who finished with 22 points, scored a critical 3-pointer with 3:59 left to tie the game at 54 after Missouri State (7-7, 0-3 Missouri Valley) rallied from a 16-point first-half deficit to take the lead at 54-51 on two free throws by Wade Knapp with 6:02 left.
Bradley (9-5, 3-0) held Missouri State to one field goal over the last 8:12, a 3-pointer by Kyle Weems with 1:58 that gave the Bears a 57-56 lead. Missouri State did not score again.
Theron Wilson added 12 points for Bradley.
Spencer Laurie and Will Creekmore each had 17 points for Missouri State.
- Roberts, Bradley hold off Missouri St. 63-57
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU