N. Iowa beats Wichita St. 78-54
CEDAR FALLS, Iowa (AP)—Ali Farokhmanesh had five 3-pointers and 17 points, and Northern Iowa pulled away in the second half Saturday to beat Wichita State 78-54 in the Missouri Valley Conference.
The Panthers (8-6, 2-1 MVC) made 11 of 18 3-pointers, eight of those in the second half as they extended a 28-26 halftime lead. UNI scored the last nine points of the first half, then outscored the Shockers (6-8, 0-3) 50-28 in the second half.
Kwadzo Ahelegbe had three 3-pointers and 13 points and Johnny Moran added 10 points for the Panthers.
Clevin Hannah was the only player in double figures for WSU, finishing with 14 points and four 3-pointers.
The Shockers had 21 turnovers, leading to 20 Northern Iowa points.
- N. Iowa beats Wichita St. 78-54
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat