Louisiana-Monroe rolls past Union (Ky.) 97-43
MONROE, La. (AP)—Dynile Forbes scored a career-high 27 points to lead Louisiana-Monroe to a 97-43 victory over Union College of Kentucky on Saturday.
Forbes, a junior guard, was 7 of 8 from the field and hit four of his five 3-point attempts as the Warhawks (5-9) improved to 5-1 at home this season.
Louisiana-Monroe dominated Union (7-8), shooting 63.8 percent from the field (37 of 58) and outrebounding the Bulldogs 43-20.
The Warhawks shot 71 percent from the floor and went 6-for-10 from the 3-point line in the first half to take a 53-20 lead into halftime.
Rudy Turner had 13 points and 11 rebounds and Mitchell Hampton added 11 points and 11 rebounds for Louisiana-Monroe. Malcolm Thomas scored 18 points and Jarvis Hill added 13 points for the Warhawks.
James Johnson led Union, a NAIA program, with 15 points.
- Louisiana-Monroe rolls past Union (Ky.) 97-43
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU