Belmont defeats Stetson 82-57
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP)—Alex Renfroe scored 16 points to lead four other Belmont players in double figures in an 82-57 win over Stetson on Saturday.
Renfroe added six rebounds, seven assists and four steals for the Bruins (6-6, 2-1 Atlantic Sun Conference). Matthew Dotson finished with 15 points, Jon House scored 13, Keaton Belcher had 12 and Shane Dansby added 10.
The Hatters (5-6, 2-1 Atlantic Sun) were led by Kris Thomas, who scored 15 points. A.J. Smith chipped in with 14 points, and Garfield Blair added 12 points and eight rebounds.
Belmont’s Jonny Rice made a 3-pointer with 4:18 remaining in the first half to spark a 14-5 run. The Bruins took a 48-26 halftime lead.
Belmont shot 54.5 percent from the floor (30-for-55), and 40 percent from 3-point range (10-for-25).
Stetson shot 36.1 percent (22-for-61), and were outrebounded 39-31.
- Belmont defeats Stetson 82-57
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU