Youngstown State comes back to beats Detroit 80-78
DETROIT (AP)—DeAndre Mays scored 19 points and Kelvin Bright added 17 to lead Youngstown State to an 80-78 victory over Detroit on Thursday.
Detroit led 41-35 at halftime, but the Penguins (4-8, 1-2 Horizon) used an 18-7 run to take a 57-52 lead on Sirlester Martin’s jumper with 12 minutes left.
The Titans (4-8, 0-3) regained a 63-62 lead on Nema Jokich’s 3-point shot with 8:40 to play. But Youngstown State scored the next six points, capped by Bright’s jumper with 5:45 remaining.
Detroit got 24 points from Woody Payne and 19 from Thomas Kennedy.
- Youngstown State comes back to beats Detroit 80-78
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat