Bethune-Cookman rolls past Savannah State 55-29
SAVANNAH, Ga. (AP)—C.J. Reed scored 14 points to lead Bethune-Cookman to a 55-29 victory over Savannah State on Tuesday night.
Alvin Pegues added 12 points for the Wildcats (6-6), who led 30-12 at halftime.
Savannah State (7-6) shot just 26.7 percent in the first half (4 of 15) and 26.5 for the game (9 of 34). The Tigers also committed 21 turnovers and shot only 43.8 percent from the free-throw line (7 of 16).
Jovonni Shuler led Savannah State with 12 points and Chris Linton had 10 rebounds.
Alexander Starling had 11 rebounds for Bethune-Cookman.
- Bethune-Cookman rolls past Savannah State 55-29
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU