Chattanooga defeats Niagara 99-84
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP)—Stephen McDowell scored a career-high 38 points and tied a school record with nine 3-pointers to lead Chattanooga past Niagara 99-84 in the final game of the 2008 Dr. Pepper Classic on Tuesday night.
The Mocs (4-8), who scored 25 second-chance points, outrebounded Niagara 47-31. Nicchaeus Doaks grabbed a career-high 17 rebounds for Chattanooga.
The Mocs led 43-40 at halftime before shooting 66.7 percent from the field (18 of 27) and 85 percent (17 of 20) from the free-throw line in the second half.
Niagara (10-3) was 15 of 16 from the free-throw line in the first half before hitting 66.7 percent (8-for-12) in the second.
Khhalil Hartwell added 20 and Doaks scored 18 for Chattanooga.
Demetrius Williamson paced Niagara with 19 and Anthony Nelson and Tyrone Lewis added 16 each.
- Chattanooga defeats Niagara 99-84
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU