Creighton beats Wichita St. 68-56
OMAHA, Neb. (AP)—Booker Woodfox scored 16 points as Creighton extended its winning streak to eight games with a 68-56 win over Wichita State Sunday in the Missouri Valley Conference opener for both teams.
The Bluejays (11-2, 1-0) scored the final seven points of the first half and led the rest of the way in front of a record crowd of 17,954 at Qwest Center Omaha. In the first 19 minutes, the score was tied seven times and there were eight lead changes.
The game was last even at 28-28 after Creighton tied the score on a basket by Kenton Walker with 1:41 left in the first half. Creighton’s lead eventually reached 16 on a 3-pointer by Justin Carter in the closing minutes.
Clevin Hannah scored 17 points for the Shockers (6-6, 0-1) to lead all scorers. Toure’ Murry added 16 points.
- Creighton beats Wichita St. 68-56
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent