IUPUI defeats Indiana St. 62-41
INDIANAPOLIS (AP)—John Avery had 15 points and 13 rebounds to lead IUPUI to a 62-41 victory over Indiana State on Tuesday.
The Jaguars (7-4) held Indiana State to 33 percent shooting as the Sycamores didn’t score in the final 4:27 of the game. Alex Young also scored 15 for IUPUI, hitting two 3-pointers as the Jaguars went on an 8-2 run to start the second half and open up a 41-28 lead.
Avery scored eight points during a 13-2 IUPUI run in the first half that wiped out a 16-12 Indiana State lead.
Jordan Printy led the Sycamores (2-9) with 15 points as he shot 5-of-7 on 3-pointers.
The Jaguars, who won a 67-65 buzzer-beater over Seton Hall on Saturday, outrebounded Indiana State 42-24, including 16 offensive rebounds.
Gary Patterson added 10 points for IUPUI and Rashad Reed had 10 points for Indiana State.
- IUPUI defeats Indiana St. 62-41
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent