Ill.-Chicago never behind in 65-55 win over Toledo
TOLEDO, Ohio (AP)—Spencer Stewart scored 15 and Scott VanderMeer had 12 points and 12 rebounds to lead Illinois-Chicago to a 65-55 victory over Toledo on Tuesday night.
The Flames (8-3) pulled to a 17 point lead with 1:31 left in the first half and went into the break ahead 36-21.
It was the fourth loss in a row for the Rockets (2-9), who never had the lead. They were led by Justin Anyijong’s 13 points. Tyrone Kent and Jonathan Amos added 12 apiece.
Tori Boyd came off the bench to score 11 points for Illinois-Chicago.
Toledo outscored the Flames 22-8 off turnovers, but Illinois-Chicago had a 17-7 advantage in second-chance points and a 34-24 advantage in the paint.
Overall, the Flames shot 26-of-61 from the field for 42.6 percent and the Rockets shot 23-of 60 for 38.3 percent.
- Ill.-Chicago never behind in 65-55 win over Toledo
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU