Southern Miss defeats Weber State 68-49
GULFPORT, Miss. (AP)—Jeremy Wise scored 17 of his 19 points in the first half to lead Southern Mississippi to a 68-49 win over Weber State on Tuesday night.
The Golden Eagles (8-4) shot 63 percent from the floor (15 of 24) in the second half to win the final game of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Classic.
Wise scored 13 of the Golden Eagles’ first 15 points and had the assist on the other basket. He also extended his school-record streak for consecutive free throws made to 38, hitting 4-of-4.
Southern Miss, which won its fourth straight game, took a 30-21 lead into halftime and led by as many as 28 points in the second half. The Golden Eagles shot 54.9 percent for the game (28-for-51), while the Wildcats (6-6) were 18-for-42 (42.9 percent).
Courtney Beasley added 18 points for Southern Miss and Craig Craft had 13.
Damian Lillard led Weber State with 14 points.
- Florida’s ill-advised buzzer beater helps send Butler to Final Four
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent