Portland beats Howard 98-73
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP)—Nik Raivio had 19 points, nine rebounds and five assists to lead Portland to a 98-73 win over Howard on Monday.
Jared Stohl added 13 points for the Pilots (6-5) while Luke Sikma had 12 points and 12 rebounds.
Calvin Thompson led Howard (1-8) with 20 points and Eugene Myatt added 18.
Portland shot a season-high 60.6 percent and crushed Howard on the boards, outrebounding the Bison 49-15.
Raivio scored 15 of his points in the first half, helping the Pilots to a 46-30 lead. The Pilots opened the second half on 13-2 run to take a 27-point lead.
The Bison, helped by three consecutive 3-pointers from Chris McHenry, later trimmed the deficit to 81-68 with 4:23 left. But the Pilots pulled away.
- Portland beats Howard 98-73
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU