Tillman has 18 as Ohio beats Holy Cross 58-53
ATHENS, Ohio (AP)—Jerome Tillman had 18 points, going 4-of-4 from the field and 9-of-11 at the free throw line, to lead Ohio to a 58-53 victory over Holy Cross on Monday night.
Steven Coleman added 14 for Ohio (5-6), which had a season high 13 steals and extended its nonconference winning streak to 24 games.
R.J. Evans had 16 points for Holy Cross (3-8), which had a season-high 27 turnovers.
The two teams played to a 26-all tie at halftime, and neither had a clear advantage until Ohio went ahead for good when a jumper by Coleman made it 38-37 with 10:08 to play.
That started a 15-3 run that gave Ohio its biggest lead of the game. Coleman added a pair of layups in that span, and Tillman hit a 3-pointer and a pair of free throws.
- Tillman has 18 as Ohio beats Holy Cross 58-53
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat