Chicago State beats Eastern Illinois 77-64
CHARLESTON, Ill. (AP)—David Holston had a game-high 32 points, including 21 in the second half, to lead Chicago State to a 77-64 win over Eastern Illinois on Monday night.
John Cantrell added 18 points and Marquis Young scored 14 points for Chicago State (6-6), which trailed 32-31 at the half. Carl Montgomery had 11 rebounds.
Chicago State went on a 10-2 run to go up 48-39 with 12:16 left in the second half. Eastern Illinois (3-7) pulled to 49-44 with 9:38 left, but never got closer.
Holston went 4-of-7 from 3-point range in the second half. The Cougars improved to 52 percent shooting after the break from 39 percent in the first half.
Romain Martin scored 19 points for Eastern Illinois. Tyler Laser chipped in 12 points for the Panthers.
- Chicago State beats Eastern Illinois 77-64
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU