VMI rallies to top Army
WEST POINT, N.Y. (AP)—Austin Kenon scored 19 points and Keith Gabriel added 16 as VMI rallied past Army 62-55 on Sunday.
Army (3-8) led 39-25 in the second half when VMI (9-2) went on a 21-4 run, all three-pointers, to lead 46-43 with 7:30 to go.
The Black Knights got within one point on three occasions, but VMI closed on a 9-3 run.
Kenon hit six of the Keydets’ 13 triples. Gabriel had five three-pointers. Willie Bell and Chavis Holmes each scored 10 points. Ron Burks grabbed 11 rebounds.
Cleveland Richard scored 19 points for Army. Josh Miller had 10 points, five rebounds and six assists. Doug Williams had seven points and eight rebounds.
Army shot 28 percent in the first half, while VMI shot only 18 percent. In the second half, the Keydets shot 52 percent, including 10 of 19 from long range. VMI converted 20 Black Knight turnovers into 25 points.
- VMI rallies to top Army
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat