Sims, Harris lead Michigan to win over state rival
AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP)—DeShawn Sims scored 20 points and Manny Harris added 15 points and 13 assists as Michigan beat Oakland 89-76 Saturday afternoon at the Palace of Auburn Hills.
Laval Lucas-Perry, playing his first game for Michigan after transferring from Arizona, added 14 for the Wolverines (8-2). Keith Benson led Oakland (7-6) with 23 points and 11 rebounds.
The Golden Grizzlies led 15-14 after five minutes, but the Wolverines answered with a 18-0 run that included three 3-pointers from Lucas-Perry. Michigan built a 42-34 halftime lead.
Erik Kangas hit three 3-pointers to pull Oakland within 65-59 with 8:27 left. But Michigan went up 79-67 with 4:22 left on back-to-back 3-pointers by Zack Novak and Kelvin Grady, and the Grizzlies never seriously threatened again.
- Ian Eagle shares the origin story of Bill Raftery's 'Onions!'
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat