Northwestern St. holds off Houston Baptist, 84-76
HOUSTON (AP)—Damon Jones scored 15 points and Devin White had 12 points, seven rebounds and five blocks in Northwestern State’s 84-76 victory against Houston Baptist on Saturday.
Jones and White were among six players in double figures for Northwestern State (7-4). Keithan Hancock had 12, and C.J. Clark, William Mosley and Kalem Porterie had 10 apiece.
Gordon Watt had his fourth double-double for Houston Baptist (0-11), leading his team with 16 points and 11 rebounds.
Houston Baptist led by 14 points in the first half, but Northwestern State went on a 16-2 run spanning both halves for a 49-47 lead with 15:39 remaining.
Northwestern State went ahead for good at 52-51 on a dunk by Clark with 12:13 to go.
- Northwestern St. holds off Houston Baptist, 84-76
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU