Chicago St. downs Samford 66-49
CHICAGO (AP)—David Holston had 19 points and John Cantrell added 16 points to lead Chicago State to a 66-49 victory over Samford on Saturday.
Holston’s game-high 19 points included four 3-pointers for Chicago State (5-6) while Carl Montgomery added 10 rebounds. Chicago State led 31-22 going into halftime and came back from the break to dominant 35-27 over Samford in the second period.
Trey Montgomery led Samford with 12 points, including four of his own 3-pointers. Bryan Friday had 11 points. Jim Griffin was ousted from the game with five fouls.
Chicago State was able to capitalize on Samford’s mistakes, scoring 16 turnovers on the team’s 14 turnovers while allowing just six points on Chicago State’s 12 turnovers.
The score was tied just once in the game.
Chicago State shot an overall 47.4 percent from the field compared with 31.5 percent for Samford.
- Chicago St. downs Samford 66-49
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent