Coles leads Canisius to 68-63 win
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP)—Julius Coles scored 19 points and Frank Turner added 16 as Canisius beat Navy 68-63 on Saturday.
Chris Gadley contributed 10 points and 11 rebounds for the Golden Griffins (4-7), who snapped a four-game losing streak.
Kaleo Kina led Navy with 21 points, and Romeo Garcia chipped in with 11. The Midshipmen (8-3) have lost two of their last three following a seven-game winning streak.
In a seesaw game that featured 15 lead changes, the Golden Griffins sealed the win with a 6-0 run over the final minute to seal the win. Gadley had three points during the stretch, converting a three-point play with 49 seconds left that gave Canisius a 65-63 lead.
Navy missed five shots during the drought, including two straight by Kina.
The Midshipmen conclude their five-game road trip at No. 18 Villanova on Monday.
- Coles leads Canisius to 68-63 win
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU