Youngstown State beats High Point 64-61
HIGH POINT, N.C. (AP)—Jack Liles scored 14 points and grabbed 13 rebounds to lead Youngstown State past High Point 64-61 on Friday night.
After the two teams played to a 31-all tie in the first half, the Penguins (2-7) outscored High Point 33-30 in the second.
Youngstown State had its biggest lead of the game at 60-49 on a Liles layup with 3:53 left in the game. The Panthers (4-7) scored six unanswered points, finishing on a David Singleton layup with 1:28 remaining to bring their deficit within five points at 60-55.
The Panthers closed the gap to three points when David Campbell hit a 3-pointer with 13 seconds left to play, bringing the score to 64-61.
Kelvin Bright scored 14 for Youngstown State and DeAndre Mays had 13 points and seven rebounds.
Nick Barbour led High Point with 21 points and Steadman Short had 10 rebounds.
- Youngstown State beats High Point 64-61
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU