Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 94-87
TROY, Ala. (AP)—Travis Lee and Michael Vogler scored 15 points apiece as Troy held off Florida Atlantic 94-87 on Thursday night.
Paul Graham III, Carlos Monroe and Carderro Nowoji combined for 74 of Florida Atlantic’s points, with Graham scoring 28 and the other two players tallying 23 apiece.
Troy (4-6, 1-1 Sun Belt Conference) took a 46-41 lead into halftime, but the Owls pulled ahead 61-58 on one of Nwoji’s five 3-pointers with 15:22 left. The Trojans regained the advantage at 65-63, then led by as many as 12 while holding the Owls scoreless from 14:09 to 8:49.
Florida Atlantic (4-7, 0-2) rallied to trail 85-81 with 1:42 left, but the Trojans made 9 of 10 free throws to seal the win.
Brandon Hazard added 14 points for Troy and Richard Delk and Regis Huddleston scored 11 apiece.
Florida Atlantic began the season 3-1, but has since lost six of seven.
- Troy defeats Florida Atlantic 94-87
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent