Lewis has 22 points as Niagara beats Drexel 67-62
PHILADELPHIA (AP)—Tyrone Lewis scored 22 points and Benson Egemonye had 19 points and nine rebounds to lead Niagara to a 67-62 victory over Drexel on Thursday.
Bilal Benn added 16 points for Niagara (8-2), which won its third straight game. The Purple Eagles are off to their best 10-game start in the 11-year tenure of head coach Joe Mihalich.
Scott Rodgers scored 19 points and Evan Neisler had 15 points and 13 rebounds for Drexel (2-4), which also got 12 rebounds from Samme Givens. The Dragons lost despite holding a 52-35 rebounding edge.
Lewis scored on a driving layup with 8:43 remaining to give Niagara a 51-49 lead, after which Drexel managed two ties but was never able to regain the lead. There were 13 lead changes in the contest and neither team led by more than five points at any point.
- Lewis has 22 points as Niagara beats Drexel 67-62
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat