Georgia Tech beats Georgia State 84-64
ATLANTA (AP)—Gani Lawal had 23 points and 10 rebounds as Georgia Tech extended its winning streak against Atlanta rival Georgia State to 14 games with an 84-64 home victory Wednesday night.
Lewis Clinch, academically ineligible for the first semester, scored 18 in his first game and Iman Shumpert had 11 assists for the Yellow Jackets (6-2). Brad Sheehan came came off the bench to score 16.
Dante Curry had 21 points in his first game to lead Georgia State (3-7). The transfer from South Florida became eligible at the end of the first semester.
With Georgia State missing its first eight shots, Georgia Tech jumped to a 10-0 lead and was up by as many as 15 points at 31-16. But the Panthers went on a 10-4 run to cut the Yellow Jackets’ lead to 35-26 at halftime.
- Georgia Tech beats Georgia State 84-64
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat