Balcoka scores 21 to lead Hawaii over Chicago St
HONOLULU (AP)—Petras Balocka had 21 points and 10 rebounds, and Roderick Flemings scored 20 to lead Hawaii to an 85-75 win Monday night over Chicago State.
Bill Amis scored 12 and Adhar Mayen added 11 for the Rainbow Warriors (5-3).
Chicago State (3-6) trailed 44-22 at halftime but rallied in the second half, cutting the deficit to 77-68 with 1:54 remaining after back-to-back 3-pointers by David Holston.
Balocka then made a 3-pointer with 1:20 remaining and Lasha Parghalava made a layup with 1:02 left to give Hawaii an 82-68 lead.
Chicago State got no closer than 10 points the rest of the way.
Holston, who came into the game as the nation’s second-leading scorer at 26.9 points, led the Cougars with 28 points and John Cantrell added 24.
- Balcoka scores 21 to lead Hawaii over Chicago St
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU