Jonson’s jumper lifts Colgate over Monmouth
WEST LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP)—Ben Jonson’s 15-foot jump shot with 2.1 seconds left gave Colgate a 54-53 win over Monmouth Saturday night.
Leading 53-50, Monmouth’s James Hett missed the front end of a 1-and-1 with 41 seconds left. Colgate’s Alex Woodhouse scored on a dunk to cut the lead to one, then Monmouth’s Dutch Gaitley missed two free throws on the ensuing possession.
Mike Venezia led Colgate (3-6) with 16 points. Travis Taylor led Monmouth (1-11) with 11.
Monmouth missed its first 10 shots of the second half but still led 42-35 with 9:08 left before Colgate rallied and tied the game at 50 on Venezia’s 3-pointer with 1:45 left.
- Jonson's jumper lifts Colgate over Monmouth
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat