Carson leads IPFW past Valpo
VALPARAISO, Ind. (AP)—David Carson had 16 points and nine rebounds as IPFW defeated Valparaiso 63-46 on Wednesday night.
Deilvez Yearby had 13 points and eight rebounds, Nick Daniels scored 13 points and Zach Plackemeier added nine points and five assists for the Mastodons (4-5), who never trailed.
Howard Little led Valparaiso (3-5) with 11 points, but none of his teammates scored in double figures. Jake Diebler and Michael Rogers each scored eight points for the Crusaders.
IPFW held Valparaiso to 31 percent shooting overall, including 4-for-21 shooting from 3-point range.
IPFW led 31-18 at halftime after shooting 48 percent in the first 20 minutes. The Mastodons led by as many as 23 points in the second half.
The Mastodons outrebounded the Crusaders 41-31.
- Carson leads IPFW past Valpo
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat