S. Carolina St. beats Idaho 66-59
ORANGEBURG, S.C. (AP)—Jason Flagler and Westley Telfare scored 12 points apiece to lead South Carolina State to a 66-59 win against Idaho on Wednesday night.
Jimmy Williams and Brandon Smalls each scored 10 points for the Bulldogs (5-3), who outrebounded the Vandals (4-4) 51-40 en route to victory.
Mac Hopson had a game-high 16 points to lead the Vandals, and Brandon Wiley chipped in with 14 points and nine rebounds.
Idaho was 3-for-28 from beyond the arc, while South Carolina State hit 5 of 19 3-pointers.
The Bulldogs led 29-25 at halftime in a contest that was close throughout.
South Carolina State travels to Idaho to play the Vandals again next Wednesday.
- S. Carolina St. beats Idaho 66-59
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU