Nicholls State blows out Huston-Tillotson 96-53
Thibodaux, La. (AP)—Anatoly Bose and Chris Iles scored 17 points each as Nicholls State beat Huston-Tillotson 96-53 on Wednesday night.
Bose recorded his second double-double of the season, grabbing 10 rebounds for the Colonels (4-3). Nicholls State also received double-digit scoring from Ryan Bathie, Fred Hunter and Kellan Carter, who scored 15, 12 and 10, respectively.
The Rams (3-6) were paced by Robert Hartfield, who scored 17 points. James Black chipped in with 10.
The Colonels shot 57.1 percent from the field (36-for-63), including 43.8 percent from 3-point range (7-for-16). They also recorded 22 assists and 13 steals as a team.
The Rams shot 34.3 percent (18-for-52), and 25.9 percent from 3-point range (7-for-27).
The win was the third straight victory for Nicholls State.
- Nicholls State blows out Huston-Tillotson 96-53
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Sources: Michigan State freshman Miles Bridges plans to return to school
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1
- Roy Williams fires back at Maryland president, calling him a 'double idiot'