Butler beats Bradley 87-75
PEORIA, Ill. (AP)—Freshmen Gordon Hayward and Shelvin Mack each scored 20 points to lead Butler to an 87-75 win over Bradley on Wednesday night.
Butler (8-0) jumped out to a 36-21 lead, thanks in part to five 3-pointers from Hayward. The Bulldogs shot 59 percent from the field, including 8-for-16 from 3-point range, in the first half and led 44-31 at the break.
Bradley (4-4) pulled to within 62-57 with 8:27 left, but Butler put the game out of reach with an 11-0 run. The Bulldogs were 13-for-27 from 3-point range for the game.
Willie Veasely finished with 13 points for Butler.
Eddren McCain led Bradley with a career-high 18 points. Sam Maniscalco added 17 points and Theron Wilson added 15 points for the Braves.
- Butler beats Bradley 87-75
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat