Wildcats beat Aztecs
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP)—Jordan Hill scored 25 points and Jamelle Horne had all 8 of his points down the stretch as Arizona beat San Diego State 69-56 Wednesday night.
Hill, who had his seventh double-double of the season by adding 14 rebounds, had three free throws and Horne had a breakaway away dunk in the final 53 seconds to help Arizona (6-2) score the final 11 points of the game.
San Diego State (7-2) didn’t score the final 4:16 after D.J. Gay hit a pair of free throws to trim the Wildcats lead to 58-56.
Horne was scoreless before making four free throws and a follow-up dunk to put Arizona ahead 62-56 with 3:01 remaining.
Chase Budinger added 14 points for the Wildcats while Nic Wise had 13.
Tim Shelton led the Aztecs with 13 points.
- Wildcats beat Aztecs
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat