Franklin leads Siena to 77-60 win over Marist
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Alex Franklin scored a season-high 22 points and grabbed eight rebounds to lead Siena to a 77-60 victory over Marist in Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference action on Tuesday night.
Ryan Rossiter added 10 points and seven rebounds in the win.
Trailing 58-57 with 11 minutes left in the game, Kenny Hasbrouck completed a traditional three-point play to key a 16-0 Siena run. Siena (5-3, 2-0 MAAC) never looked back, outscoring Marist 20-2 over the game’s final 10:49.
Ryan Schneider scored 11 points for Marist (3-5, 1-1 MAAC), which also got 10 from Dejuan Goodwin. Despite shooting 46 percent from the field, Marist committed a season-high 26 turnovers, leading to 28 Siena points.
Down eight with two minutes left in the first half, Marist rallied thanks to a pair of 3-pointers by Goodwin and trailed 39-37 at halftime.
- Franklin leads Siena to 77-60 win over Marist
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1