Brown leads Sam Houston St. over Texas Coll. 89-54
HUNTSVILLE, Texas (AP)—Preston Brown’s 21 points helped Sam Houston State defeat Texas College 89-54 on Tuesday night.
Brown hit 8-of-11 field goals for the Bearkats (3-5). Corey Allmond added 17 points, hitting five 3-pointers. Drae Murray had 12 points.
Czyz Bennett led Texas College (1-7) with 11 points and Sadiki Guerra and Maurice Gay each had 10.
Sam Houston State led 39-28 at the half and used an 18-4 run to open the second half and take a 27-point lead over Texas College at 59-32 with 14:05 left. Texas College could get no closer than 25 points the rest of the way.
- Brown leads Sam Houston St. over Texas Coll. 89-54
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent