Cal State Northridge beats Denver 80-53
LOS ANGELES (AP)—Tremaine Townsend scored 14 points as Cal State Northridge ended a six-game losing streak with a 80-53 victory over Denver on Tuesday.
Willie Galick scored 12 of his 14 points in the second half and grabbed 10 rebounds for Northridge (2-6).
The Matadors dominated from the start, opening with a 12-2 run and building a 35-22 halftime lead. Denver (1-6) did not get closer than six points the rest of the way.
Deon Tresvant scored 13 points, and Josh Jenkins added 13 points and nine assists.
Rob Lewis scored a season-best 18 points for Denver, which lost its 36th consecutive road game—the second longest active streak in Division I, dating to March 5, 2006. Nate Rohnert added 12 points, and Brian Stafford scored 10 points for Denver.
- Cal State Northridge beats Denver 80-53
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU