Graham’s steal lifts San Jose State over San Diego
SAN DIEGO (AP)—Justin Graham hit the go-ahead basket with 11 seconds left then sealed the win with a steal and two free throws as San Jose State beat San Diego 56-52 Monday.
Tim Pierce led San Jose State (3-3) with 23 points, including 21 in the second half. He hit five 3-pointers in the second half and hit two free throws with 37 seconds left to tie the score at 52-52.
Graham drove to the basket and hit an off-balance 8-footer in the lane to put the Spartans ahead 54-52. He then stripped the ball from Matt Dorr on San Diego’s next possession and was fouled before making both free throws with 1.9 seconds left.
Gyno Pomare led San Diego (4-5) with 18 points as he moved into third place on the school’s all-time scoring list with 1,408 points.
- Graham's steal lifts San Jose State over San Diego
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU