Socoby leads Maine 67-56 past Colgate
ORONO, Maine (AP)—Mark Socoby scored 21 points and Junior Bernal 17 to lead Maine to a 67-56 victory over Colgate on Monday night.
With the score tied at 13, Maine (5-4) scored the next 10 points—five each by Bernal and Sean McNally. McNally finished with 13.
Colgate (2-6) never caught up, although it closed a 35-19 halftime deficit to 47-45 on Joe Hoban’s 3-pointer with 7 minutes left. But Socoby scored the next four points and the danger passed as the Black Bears hit their free throws down the stretch.
Ben Jonson had 15 points and 12 rebounds for Colgate. Mike Venezia added 12 and Hoban had 8.
- Socoby leads Maine 67-56 past Colgate
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat