North Texas 77, Louisiana Monroe 71, OT
LAFAYETTE, La. (AP)—Ben Bell hit a key three-pointer in overtime and Kendrick Davis made four free throws in the final 26 seconds as North Texas beat Louisiana-Monroe 77-71 in overtime in the quarterfinals of the Sun Belt Conference Tournament on Sunday.
Bell’s three-pointer put North Texas (21-10) up by four points with 2:33 left in overtime and Harold Stewart added three free throws in the next 40 seconds to give the Mean Green a 73-66 lead.
Louisiana-Monroe missed its last five shots from the field in the extra period and Davis hit two clinching free throws for North Texas.
Louisiana-Monroe (18-13) led 62-59 with 2:40 left in regulation on three throws by Tony Hoope. But Calvin Watson hit a game-tying three-pointer for North Texas.
Watson had 19 points to lead North Texas while Stewart added 16 points and 11 rebounds. Hooper had 25 points to lead the Warhawks, while Jordan Payne scored 12.
- North Texas 77, Louisiana Monroe 71, OT
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat