Texas-Arlington 93, Texas State 84
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP)—Ro’ger Guignard scored 19 points and Tommy Moffitt had 17 points and 11 rebounds to lead Texas-Arlington past Texas State 93-84 on Saturday.
Texas-Arlingon (13-16, 8-8 Southland Conference) led by 13 early in the second half before Texas State rallied late.
Brandon Bush scored 25 points, and Chris Agwumaro and Dylan Moseley each had 12 for Texas State (9-20, 4-12).
Agwumaro’s basket brought the Bobcats within 85-82 with 1:47 remaining, but Rodrick Epps hit two free throws to stretch the lead to five.
Guignard scored the last six points, hitting four straight free throws and adding a basket in the final 49 seconds to put the game away.
Anthony Vereen and Larry Posey each chipped in with 15 points for Texas-Arlington.
- Texas-Arlington 93, Texas State 84
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat