Texas-San Antonio 54, Stephen F. Austin 49
NACOGDOCHES, Texas (AP)—Isaiah Allen hit the go-ahead 3-pointer with 33 seconds left, and Texas-San Antonio snapped a seven-game losing streak by beating Stephen F. Austin 54-49 Saturday.
Allen finished with 13 points and Kurt Attaway hit two free throws with 13 seconds left to seal the win for the Roadrunners (7-22, 3-13 Southland Conference).
Keith Hardaway scored 10 points for Stephen F. Austin (15-13, 8-8), but his 3-point attempt that would have tied the game missed with 16 seconds left.
Earlier, Hardaway hit a 3-pointer that tied the game at 49 with 1:16 remaining.
Melvin Smith scored 14 points for UTSA.
Stephen F. Austin led 46-39 with 4:29 left before Texas-San Antonio rallied by scoring the next 10 points.
- Texas-San Antonio 54, Stephen F. Austin 49
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Allonzo Trier's return makes Arizona a leading candidate for preseason No. 1