Sam Houston St. 97, Texas State 83
SAN MARCOS, Texas (AP)—Aaron Wade scored a career-high 26 points as Sam Houston State defeated Texas State 97-83 Saturday.
Sam Houston (20-8, 12-2 Southland) shot 53 percent for the game, compared to Texas State’s 33 percent. Sam Houston State never trailed in the game.
Wade, who started at center for Sam Houston, stepped out on the perimeter and knocked down 5-of-9 three-pointers. The senior was 7-for-11 overall from the field and made 7-of-8 free throws.
Sam Houston forward C.J. Hadley finished with a double-double, scoring 18 points to go with 12 rebounds. Also scoring in double digits were James Barrett with 13 points and Ryan Bright with 11.
For Texas State (9-19, 4-11), Brandon Rush led with 14 points. Also scoring in double digits were Antwoine Blanchard with 13, Brent Holder with 12 and Chris Agwumaro with 10.
- Sam Houston St. 97, Texas State 83
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU