Cornell 79, Brown 67
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP)—Ryan Wittman and Louis Dale scored 22 points each to lead Cornell to a 79-67 win over Brown in Ivy League action Saturday.
Mark McAdnrew scored career-high 33 points in the Bears’ failed attempt to extend a three-game winning streak.
Cornell improved to 8-4 in league play and 15-11 overall. Brown dropped to 5-7 (10-17) with the defeat.
The Bears trailed from the outset, falling behind by as many as ten points midway through the opening half. The Big Red answered a late Brown surge by closing out the first half with a 7-0 run in the final minute of play.
Wittman had four three-point field goals and seven rebounds while Dale connected on 5 of 9 three-point attempts for the Big Red, who finished with 10 of 13 from beyond the arc in the second half.
- Cornell 79, Brown 67
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU