South Carolina State 73, North Carolina A&T 65
GREENSBORO, N.C. (AP)—Thurman Zimmerman scored 25 points to lead South Carolina State to a 73-65 victory over North Carolina A&T in a Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference game on Saturday.
Brian Mason had 15 points and 10 rebounds for the Bulldogs (18-11) and Demeco Heath scored 21 points.
North Carolina A&T (6-23) led 39-31 at halftime, but scored just 40 percent of its field-goal attempts in the second half, compared to 58.6 percent for the Bulldogs. The Aggies also made just two of nine 3-point attempts in the second half.
Sean Booker came off the bench to lead the Aggies with 20 points, and Jeff Alvis had 13.
- Gonzaga’s Demetri Goodson trades high tops for football cleats
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU