James Madison 68, Towson 58
HARRISONBURG, Va. (AP)—David Cooper scored a career-high 19 and James Madison used a 22-7 second-half run to take command Wednesday night, beating Towson 68-58.
The Dukes (6-20, 3-14 Colonial Athletic Association) trailed 39-38 with 10:53 to play before Cooper tied it with a free throw, starting the surge ahead. Cavell Johnson had eight points in the run and Chris Clarke and Ray Barbosa hit 3-pointers.
Towson (5-21, 2-14) only cut the lead to single digits twice thereafter.
Barbosa added 17 points, Clarke 12 and Johnson 10 for James Madison.
Lawrence Hamm led Towson with 22 points and 11 rebounds.
- James Madison 68, Towson 58
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- Sources: South Carolina guard P.J. Dozier signing with agent
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU
- K.J. Lawson's graceless goodbye to Memphis: Shouting 'F--- Tubby' on Snapchat