Morgan St. 71, N. Carolina A&T 54
BALTIMORE (AP)—Ronald Timus scored a game-high 20 points and grabbed 11 rebounds to help Morgan State beat North Carolina A&T 71-54 on Thursday.
Timus was eight-for-12 from the field and four-for-seven from the free-throw line. Sam Brand contributed another 17 points to Morgan (9-13, 7-5 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference) and connected on five-of-11 from behind the 3-point line. Aaron Andrews grabbed 13 rebounds for the Bears.
Michael Hayes led North Carolina A&T (4-18, 3-8) with 11 points. He shot three-for-five from the field and three-for-four from the free-throw line for the Aggies.
It was Morgan’s second win over North Carolina in four days. The Bears beat the Aggies 63-61 when the teams met Monday in Greensboro, N.C.
- Morgan St. 71, N. Carolina A&T 54
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU