Marshall 81, Eastern Michigan 75
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP)—Mark Patton scored 21 points to lead Marshall to an 81-75 win over Eastern Michigan Wednesday night.
The win was Marshall’s (5-16, 2-10 Mid-American Conference) second straight in conference play since starting the year with 10 straight conference losses.
Eastern Michigan (10-12, 3-9) was led by Michael Ross with a career-high 23 points, in addition to 16 from Markus Austin and 14 points from John Bowler.
The Eagles have lost eight straight conference games since starting the season 3-1 in conference play.
Enoch Bunch hit Patton with a full-court pass and a layup with 1:22 left to give Marshall a 72-62 lead. Bunch scored 15 points for The Herd.
Marshall also received 12 points each from A.W. Hamilton and David Anderson while Anderson also grabbed eight rebounds.<
- Marshall 81, Eastern Michigan 75
- Sudden recruiting surge could propel UNLV back to relevance next season
- Joel Berry abruptly withdraws from the draft, returns to North Carolina
- Five biggest losers now that the NBA draft's early entry deadline has passed
- Five biggest winners now that the NBA draft's early-entry deadline has passed
- Did Memphis really lose a recruit to Division II Ouachita Baptist?
- Gonzaga won't slip too far next season even without Nigel Williams-Goss
- NCAA returns events to North Carolina after state repeals elements of HB2
- With Bennie Boatwright back, USC has all the ingredients for a special season
- Why it's OK that there are 182 early-entry candidates for this year's NBA draft
- Kansas fills hole at point guard by adding Cal transfer Charlie Moore
- Facing his toughest rebuild yet, can John Calipari keep Kentucky in title mix?
- Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky
- Shareef O'Neal, the heralded son of Shaquille O'Neal, commits to Arizona
- Grayson Allen bypasses the NBA draft to return to Duke for his senior year
- Prized Rice transfer Marcus Evans follows his former coach to VCU