The Philadelphia area is known for its blue-collar, no-quit mentality.
And that includes everyone - people of all ages.
On Jan. 9, for the 10th straight year, NBC Sports Philadelphia will celebrate children overcoming amazing odds at birth with the annual Shining Star Awards benefitting the March of Dimes.
The event will recognize six children with the help of members from the Eagles, Phillies, Sixers, Flyers and Union, while the gala dinner will raise money to support the March of Dimes mission to lead the fight for the health of all moms and babies.
The inspiring children below will get the chance to enjoy a special experience with a Philly athlete to celebrate their incredible stories against odds:
• Claudia Farrant, age 8 of Philadelphia, honored by the Phillies' Roman Quinn.
• Raylan and Westen Baldissero, age 6 of Bridgeton, New Jersey, honored by the Union's Mark McKenzie.
• Brynn Gray, age 7 of Wilmington, Delaware, honored by the Eagles' Nelson Agholor.
• Mikhi Gindraw, age 10 of Philadelphia, honored by the Sixers' Kyle O'Quinn.
• Nathan Ponden, age 12 of Townsend, Delaware, honored by the Flyers' Shayne Gostisbehere.
The players will present the Shining Star Award to each child on Jan. 9 at the 10th anniversary gala.
For tickets, sponsorship opportunities and more on the event, click right here.