The NBA draft is less than a week away, and teams and prospects are finishing up a busy period of workouts, research and evaluation.
The rumor mill continues to buzz as usual, particularly near the top of the draft, where there are multiple scenarios in play.
The Celtics are already making moves by trading the No. 1 pick to the Philadelphia 76ers. The 76ers are expected to take Washington guard Markelle Fultz, while the Celtics when take the Sixers No. 3 pick. The latest bit of news, which Stephen A. Smith reported, is that the 76ers turned down a Jimmy Butler–No. 3 pick swap.
• Stein also reports that a third team is necessary to possibly provide the Bulls with the necessary pieces that they demand. K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribuneadded that the Suns would possibly be the third team.
• Lonzo Ball's camp remains confident that he will be the Lakers' selection with the No. 2 pick (Jake Fischer, The Crossover)
• The Boston Celtics officially announced their trade with the Sixers. Celtics president Danny Ainge said, "We think there’s a really good chance the player we’ll take at 3 is the player we would have taken at 1." (Adam Himmeisbach, Boston Celtics)
• The 76ers turned down Chicago Bulls swingman Jimmy Butler in exchange for No. 3 overall pick. (ESPN.com)
• The Los Angeles Lakers are looking to add another first-round draft pick and have called at least two other lottery teams. The Lakers already own the draft's No. 2 overall selection. (ESPN.com)
• Golden State Warriors forward Andre Iguodala plans to seriously consider other teams in free agent period. (The Vertical)
• The Lakers expected to join the Paul George talks if the Cavaliers are closing in on a deal with the four–time All–Star. It is unclear if Lakers No. 2 pick is on the table. (The Ringer)
• The Celtics would love to acquire Pelicans forward Anthony Davis, but league sources say a blockbuster deal at this point is unlikely. Davis is signed through 2021. (The Vertical)
• The Indiana Pacers are asking teams for ideas on potential point guard trades. (TNT/NBA.com)
• The Dallas Mavericks have discussed trading for Minnesota Timberwolves point guard Ricky Rubio. (DallasBasketball.com)
• The Wizards are trying to find a way to acquire Paul George in a trade with the Pacers but lack the moveable assets other suitors have. (NBA.com)