MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell concedes his ads will air again on Fox News next week, following a feud over his election-fraud symposium, says report

·2 min read
mike lindell
MyPillow CEO Michael Lindell laughs during a press conference in Des Moines, on February 3, 2020. Jim Watson/AFP via Getty Images
  • MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell pulled all ads from Fox News after they refused to advertise his election-fraud symposium.

  • Lindell told The Wall Street Journal his ads would air on Fox again starting next week.

  • MyPillow lost roughly $1 million a week in sales after they stopped advertising on Fox News, Lindell said.

  • See more stories on Insider's business page.

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell said that his ads would return to Fox News next week after he angrily removed them in July, according to The Wall Street Journal.

One of Fox News' biggest sponsors, Lindell, had removed the ads amid a spat with the network over its refusal to air a commercial advertising a symposium that he said would prove his voter-fraud claims involving the 2020 election.

According to reports, Lindell had then attempted to mend the relationship with Fox, but all of the commercials he pitched were rejected.

Lindell and Fox now seem to have reached a compromise, according to The Wall Street Journal, and Lindell will air nonpolitical ads on the channel again.

Lindell told The Wall Street Journal that he expected his ads to start again on "Tuesday or Wednesday of next week."

A spokeswoman for Fox News told the outlet that Lindell had submitted nonpolitical ads but that the network was waiting for MyPillow to provide a budget for the campaign.

The Wall Street Journal viewed draft versions of the ads and said they did not mention election fraud and instead talked about how "cancel culture" has affected Lindell and MyPillow.

Lindell told the outlet that he believed the ad would get his message across, even though it didn't specifically mention election fraud.

"I think I'm so branded in that, that you don't have to sit there and say, 'You know, say the words,'" Lindell told The Wall Street Journal.

The resumption of ads marks the re-establishment of a lucrative relationship for both parties.

Lindell spent nearly $50 million on Fox News last year, and as of July had spent $19 million this year, The Wall Street Journal reported.

After he pulled the ads from Fox News, Lindell told the outlet that MyPillow suffered financially and had lost approximately $1 million a week in sales.

Lindell is an ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump and has continually promoted widely disproved conspiracy theories about the 2020 election being fraudulent.

Both Lindell and Fox News face separate lawsuits from election technology companies Dominion and Smartmatic over false claims about the election.

Fox News has moved to dismiss the lawsuits against them and has since tried to distance itself from claims of voter fraud.

Insider approached Fox News for comment.

Read the original article on Business Insider