The draw for the last 16 of the CONCACAF Champions League took place late Monday and some intriguing clashes have been set up to kick off the knockout rounds.
[ MORE: All of PST’s MLS coverage ]Â
2019 Supporters’ Shield champs LAFC face Liga MX’s Club Leon, while NYCFC fave San Carlos from Costa Rica, 2019 MLS Cup champs Seattle Sounders square off with Honduran side Olimpia, the Montreal Impact face Costa Rica’s Saprissa and Atlanta United also have Honduran opponents in Motagua.
Fans of MLS teams will not need reminding that Liga MX have dominated this competition, with a team from Mexico winning this competition each season since 2006.
Below is the schedule in full for the knockout rounds of the tournament, which begin in mid-February.
2020 CONCACAF Champions League Round of 16 schedule
Leg 1: Feb. 18-20; Leg 2: Feb. 25-27. First team listed hosts Leg 2.
- Atlanta United (USA) vs. Motagua (HON)
- Club America (MEX) vs. Comunicaciones (GUA)
- Cruz Azul (MEX) vs. Portmore United (JAM)
- LAFC (USA) vs. Club Leon (MEX)
- Tigres UANL (MEX) vs. Alianza (SLV)
- NYCFC (USA) vs. San Carlos (CRC)
- Seattle Sounders (USA) vs. Olimpia (HON)
- Montreal Impact (CAN) vs. Saprissa (CRC)
Leg 1: March 10-12; Leg 2: March 17-19. Winner of odd-numbered Round of 16 game hosts Leg 2.
- Winner 1 vs. Winner 2
- Winner 3 vs. Winner 4
- Winner 5 vs. Winner 6
- Winner 7 vs. Winner 8
Leg 1: Apr. 7-9; Leg 2: Apr. 14-16. Hosting determined by performance in prior rounds.
- Winner 1/2 vs. Winner 3/4
- Winner 5/6 vs. Winner 7/8
Leg 1: April 28-30; Leg 2: May 5-7. Hosting determined by performance in prior rounds.
- Winner SF1 vs. Winner SF2