Peralta’s hit gives Indians wild 9-8 victory
Luis Valbuena(notes) started the ninth with a single against Jim Johnson(notes) (4-6), Baltimore’s seventh pitcher, and moved up on Shin-Soo Choo’s(notes) groundout. Peralta then lined a 3-1 pitch to center to win it.
The Orioles, mired in their longest skid since they dropped 10 straight Sept. 17-26, 2008, fell to 6-16 in September.
Cleveland earned consecutive victories for the first time since Aug. 26-27. The Indians beat the Orioles 4-2 on Friday night to avoid tying the franchise record for consecutive losses at 12.
- John Danks quits chewing tobacco, says he feels fingers again
- Mets' ace Syndergaard exits with injury, scheduled for MRI
- Keuchel throws 7 2/3 solid innings Astros 7-2 win over A's
- Who's on first? Mitchell, as O's top Yanks 7-4 in 11 innings
- Sano powers Twins past slumping Royals 7-5
- Santana 2 HRs, Brewers end Atlanta's 4-game win streak 4-3